New dates for EEA Conference, 3 – 4 August 2021
The EEA is pleased to advise that we have secured new dates for the 2021 Conference ‘Engineering, Technology and Innovation – in a Low Carbon Environment’.
When: Tuesday 3rd – Wednesday 4th August 2021
Where: TSB Auditorium | Shed 6 , 4 Queens Wharf, Wellington
We also have pre Conference events planned for Monday 2nd August including site visits and technical workshops.
Please note that the change of dates means we may need to modify and update the trade exhibition and Conference programmes.
We are currently working with the venue, exhibitors and paper presenters and will provide a comprehensive update shortly.
The Conference was postponed due to the uncertainty and logistical challenges that arose following the announcement of a Level 2 lockdown in Wellington on Wednesday 23rd June, 2021.
Please mark these new dates in your diary.
We thank you for your understanding.
Peter Berry | Executive Director
Our 2021 theme; ‘Engineering, Technology and Innovation – In a Low Carbon Environment’ is set in the context of COVID global economic and climate change challenges.
Our world has changed, in what feels like the blink of an eye. For many, it has been devastating and for all, it has been a significant reset. No less for New Zealand, and with a new incoming Government strongly signalling intent to #BuildBackBetter – there is plenty of work to do.
While aspirational policies are great, it is the implementation of them that is the real measure of their success. We see delivering on these during the next two decades as very challenging. And absolutely key to success is using technology and driving innovation. Another key area is skills development.
What is needed to support the rebuild of all our economies is growing collective knowledge and understanding of technology, innovation and risk in order to achieve our #buildbacketter targets. We also need to collaborate and share information, strategies and tactics to seize opportunities and mitigate risks.
This will be the focus of the EEA’s 2021 conference – Engineering, Technology and Innovation – In a Low Carbon Environment. We will be taking a long hard look at what is required by the electricity sector to roll up our sleeves and build back better.
As a hub for the electricity supply sector, the EEA is bringing together thought leaders from across the energy industry in its EEA2021 Conference to showcase future thinking on these highly relevant topics. ‘Engineering, Technology and Innovation – In a Low Carbon Environment’ will be a key forum to ‘brainstorm’ solutions and ways of implementing new aspirational policies.
At this stage – and in efforts to mitigate any unforeseen circumstances – we are planning an onsite, in-person event with elements of online content for those that are unable to join us!
The event also includes a comprehensive Trade Exhibition – a great opportunity for businesses from around the world and NZ to showcase technology and services, people and products, and for attendees to get ‘hands-on’ with the solutions you need.
The conference is the power industry’s largest collaborative forum in New Zealand, focused on delivering clarity on complex issues, practical support and solutions, and market intelligence to industry stakeholders. It also provides an excellent networking opportunity, especially in this time of change. A role of EEA’s is to nurture and grow our industry capability, and future engineering and safety leaders who are going to be the future innovators, influencers, and change-makers. The 2021 Conference provides a key forum to grow collective knowledge and understanding of engineering, technology, risks and solutions and their impact on our industry.
As interested, curious and enthusiastic members of the electricity supply community – you simply cannot miss it!
The Conference programme will deliver thought provoking keynote presentations, practical technical papers, and interactive panel discussions for attendees. It is a ‘must do’ for your professional development.
Lots more to come so follow us on the EEA2021 Conference via our LinkedIn page. I look forward to seeing you in Wellington.
This conference has been created for those concerned with the safe use of electrical, mechanical and instrumentation equipment in hazardous, flammable or explosive atmospheres, thus preventing accidents and injuries in the workplace. The content of the conference will focus on the latest standards and how best to apply them, ensuring compliance for hazardous area audits. Experienced speakers will examine the critical issues involved in the management of hazardous areas.
Conference topics include:
- Hot Buttons in Adopting IEC Standards for Hazardous Areas
- The Ethernet of Things in Hazardous Areas
- Overcoming Barriers to RBI With Digitised HA Management
- The Risk Based Approach to Hazardous Area Classification
- Static Electricity – The Shocking Truth
- Explaining the IECEx Certificate of Personal Competency Scheme
- Type B Gas Appliances – Certification and what to check for
- Application of Hazardous Areas and impacts on the Renewable Energy Sector
- Punching above our weight in Ex standards and certification
- The (not-so) hidden cost of HA classification by (invalidly applied) example
- Governance of Hazardous Area Auditing
- Conformity Assessment Documents and Fitness for Purpose Reports – the nature of each and their application
- Hazardous Area Classification – The Next Generation
- Identifying and Mitigating Ignition Risk using Standards ISO/IEC 80079-36, 37 and 38
Download the full event brochure HERE. Register online below or email your registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience any difficulties, please call 1300 138 522 and ask for Emma.
DISCOUNTS – We are offering a 10% off early bird discount until August 18th 2021 (SAVE $179.50 per person) plus a 3 for 2 offer – register 3 delegates and only pay for 2 (SAVE up to $2154). Discounts are applied at online check-out.
This conference will cover power system protection design, installation, testing and inspection procedures for industrial and commercial power systems with a strong focus on renewable energy and integration, microgrids, electrical safety and substation automation.
This event will explore these electrical topics from a fresh yet practical perspective to help delegates reduce expensive downtime in their plant and/or equipment by identifying the correct application of these principles.
Conference topics include:
- Renewables and Alternatives Implementation and the Associated Technical Issues
- Protection : The Conflicting Requirements of Dependability and Security
- Enhanced Switchboard Maintenance using IoT Technology
- Virtual Power Plants & Generator Connection Requirements
- Utility BESS System Protection and Integration
- Impact of REFCL (Bushfire Mitigation Technology) on HV Customers
- Arc Flash Hazards Mitigation Using Protection Solutions
- Frequency Dynamics, the Pathway to an Orderly Energy Transition
- Thermal Energy – Smart Distribution in Districts and Buildings
- Substation-Based Fault Location Technology for Power Distribution Networks
- Microgrids: The Regulation of Operating in an Islanded State
- Transformer Biased Differential Protection: Current Transformer Connection Requirements
- Voltage, Stability and Islanding Control in Microgrids
- Protection Complexities in the Electrical Rail Network
- IEC 61850 Demonstration for Interoperability and GOOSE Messaging
DISCOUNTS – We are offering a 10% off early bird discount until September 8th 2021 (SAVE $179.50 per person) plus a 3 for 2 offer – register 3 delegates and only pay for 2 (SAVE up to $2154). Discounts are applied at online check-out.
For further information on this event or to discuss sponsorship opportunities contact:
The Leading Forum for Developing and Learning Protection Testing Techniques
The Australasian Protection Testers User Group (APTUG) Meeting is a forum for sharing experiences, developing new protection testing techniques and learning from the experiences of others in the industry.
The APTUG Meeting provides you the opportunity to:
- Increase your knowledge on protection relays and testing techniques
- Take advantage of peer-to-peer collaboration
- Present or perform practical demonstrations on new or interesting test applications
- Learn from technical training in testing techniques and test plan creation
- Share best practice techniques and applications for protection system technologies
- Discuss recent and future enhancements to Doble hardware and software
- Provide feedback to Doble for correction of problems and future developments
Following its ongoing success, High Voltage Testing Forum continues in 2021
This year APTUG and Doble will again facilitate a High Voltage Testing training and seminar stream that will run parallel with the Protection Stream. This new format first introduced in 2018 will provide specific training anddiscussion around testing primary plant, interpreting results and sharing industry experiences.
The sessions will be arranged in such a manner that the attendee can move between the Protection and High Voltage Testing streams based on the topics of most interest and relevance.
- Protection Relays and Test Methods
- Application of protection software in the field
- Solve complex testing issues
- New test application demonstrations
- User share of industry practices and experiencs
- Relay vendor interaction
- Doble protection testing product road map and upcoming technologies
High Voltage Testing Stream
- Primary Equipment Test methods
- Interpretation of results including PD and Tan Delta
- Primary equipment health assessment methods
- User share and benchmarking with other industry leaders
- 1 day Topics on Demand – let us know when you register and we will if possible target those HV asset specific topics on Day 4
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS: The success of the meeting depends on having a diverse range of presentations and topics. We are looking for presentations from both new and experienced presenters. Email email@example.com to submit your presentation abstract. Presentations can be as short as 5 minutes and up to 40 minutes.
Join us on Tuesday evening for the annual Conference Dinner hosted by Doble. Relax with your fellow delegates and exhibitors while enjoying dinner. Make new contacts while you network with leading power industry technicians.
The Australian Earthing Institute will host the sixth Australian Down to Earth Conference (DTEC) on 27–28 October 2021 at Crowne Plaza, Hunter Valley.
DTEC is dedicated to the open exchange of information with regard to all aspects of earthing and grounding. DTEC provides a range of experiences and opportunities for the novice thru to professional, for asset owners, enthusiasts and equipment suppliers.
This conference will provide an invaluable opportunity for earthing and grounding novices and professionals to catch up with industry developments in the area of design, installation and commissioning. It also provides an opportunity to network with colleagues in the same field, and meet equipment suppliers who provide the tools needed to realise a design, and the equipment necessary to commission an installation.
DTEC2021 is the premier Earthing Conference in the Oceanic region and provides opportunities for:
- Earthing and lightning protection specialists to present their recent experiences and the latest innovations and research
- Electrical contractors to share installation, maintenance and testing practices
- Engineers to publish peer-reviewed technical papers
- Asset owners, regulators, educators, and interested engineers to increase awareness of issues significant in the field and discuss how they are being handled
- Earthing practitioners, past earthing course attendees and people new to the field to get together and share experiences
- Suppliers and consultants to showcase their capabilities and products
Keynote speakers and invited papers will provide an opportunity for participants to hear from a range of professionals including suppliers, designers, users, researchers and academics. Participants will also be invited to the industry exhibition which will be open during all breaks.
Visit the event website for more information.
Energy Networks 2021 is the sector’s pre-eminent energy conference and exhibition.
The energy conference and exhibition is run every two years, bringing together the best in our industry to share expertise on how we navigate the energy transformation.
The program for 2021 is being refreshed and will be available shortly.
Early bird registration will close 17 August 2021. Click here to secure the discounted rate.
This event is a chance for our members, key stakeholders and industry partners to discuss the transformation of our 20th century grid so it can deliver energy and provide services and value the way consumers of the 21st century demand.
Hosted by Energy Networks Australia, the event is designed to connect people from across the industry, providing opportunities to strengthen existing relationships and create new ones.
This is the only conference and exhibition on the energy network event calendar run by the industry, for the industry.
This event provides unparalleled opportunities to create strong and enduring business relationships, do deals, collaborate, share ideas, be inspired and learn from one another.
If you have a product or service and want to get exposure of your brand to senior players in the energy industry, sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are available but selling fast. Contact Vanessa Caldwell on 0420 216 133 or EN2021@energynetworks.com.au to secure your brand presence.
We look forward to talking to you about how you can be involved and become an integral part of the conversation.