This conference will cover the AS 2067 HV standard which provides minimum requirements for the design and installation of high voltages above 1kV (ac) so as to provide safe functioning in operation. A new edition of AS 2067 is soon to be released and represents some significant amendments that should be of interest to anyone involved in high voltage substations and installations.
The high voltage installation can range from a substation, auxiliary systems, interconnecting cables/lines and naturally the user’s facilities such a plant, factory, office facility and mine site. Equipment includes switchgear, transformers, converters, cables, lines, batteries, earthing systems, capacitors, reactors, buildings and structures.
In addition to HV design and installation, HV maintenance is a challenging undertaking and the Australian industry needs to have the sustainability and reliability of ageing HV equipment at the forefront of their minds when planning and designing their upcoming projects. The event will discuss problems that arise from HV equipment maintenance and how industry can overcome these issues through well planned maintenance programs, adherence to standards/regulations and forward thinking.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) = 12 hours
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN FROM THIS EVENT:
- Discuss and learn the new changes to the AS 2067 standard with experienced electrical engineers
- Update your knowledge on best practice and find practical solutions to your HV design and installations issues
- Hear how to extend the life of your HV equipment through effective condition monitoring, testing and diagnostic techniques
- Learn how to avoid transformer failures with oil and electrical testing
- Understand best practice for life management of power transformers
- Learn how optimal HV design can improve production and reduce costs
- Update your knowledge on best practice and find practical solutions to your HV maintenance issues
- Become aware of arc flash dangers, the arc flash standard and hazard reduction equipment
- Gain an insight into the future trends of HV systems
- Hear relevant local case studies from the Australian HV industry
- Network with specialists in the field and your peers
- No sales pitches – non commercial presentations
Professor Alex Baitch
Principal BES (Aust) Pty Ltd
Chairman Standards Australia Committee EL043 High Voltage Installations
Former National President Engineers Australia (2014)