This conference has been created for those concerned with the safe use of electrical, mechanical and instrumentation equipment in hazardous, flammable or explosive atmospheres, thus preventing accidents and injuries in the workplace. The content of the conference will focus on the latest standards and how best to apply them, ensuring compliance for hazardous area audits. Experienced speakers will examine the critical issues involved in the management of hazardous areas.
Conference topics include:
- Hot Buttons in Adopting IEC Standards for Hazardous Areas
- The Ethernet of Things in Hazardous Areas
- Overcoming Barriers to RBI With Digitised HA Management
- The Risk Based Approach to Hazardous Area Classification
- Static Electricity – The Shocking Truth
- Explaining the IECEx Certificate of Personal Competency Scheme
- Type B Gas Appliances – Certification and what to check for
- Application of Hazardous Areas and impacts on the Renewable Energy Sector
- Punching above our weight in Ex standards and certification
- The (not-so) hidden cost of HA classification by (invalidly applied) example
- Governance of Hazardous Area Auditing
- Conformity Assessment Documents and Fitness for Purpose Reports – the nature of each and their application
- Hazardous Area Classification – The Next Generation
- Identifying and Mitigating Ignition Risk using Standards ISO/IEC 80079-36, 37 and 38
Download the full event brochure HERE. Register online below or email your registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience any difficulties, please call 1300 138 522 and ask for Emma.
DISCOUNTS – We are offering a 10% off early bird discount until August 18th 2021 (SAVE $179.50 per person) plus a 3 for 2 offer – register 3 delegates and only pay for 2 (SAVE up to $2154). Discounts are applied at online check-out.
This conference will cover power system protection design, installation, testing and inspection procedures for industrial and commercial power systems with a strong focus on renewable energy and integration, microgrids, electrical safety and substation automation.
This event will explore these electrical topics from a fresh yet practical perspective to help delegates reduce expensive downtime in their plant and/or equipment by identifying the correct application of these principles.
Conference topics include:
- Renewables and Alternatives Implementation and the Associated Technical Issues
- Protection : The Conflicting Requirements of Dependability and Security
- Enhanced Switchboard Maintenance using IoT Technology
- Virtual Power Plants & Generator Connection Requirements
- Utility BESS System Protection and Integration
- Impact of REFCL (Bushfire Mitigation Technology) on HV Customers
- Arc Flash Hazards Mitigation Using Protection Solutions
- Frequency Dynamics, the Pathway to an Orderly Energy Transition
- Thermal Energy – Smart Distribution in Districts and Buildings
- Substation-Based Fault Location Technology for Power Distribution Networks
- Microgrids: The Regulation of Operating in an Islanded State
- Transformer Biased Differential Protection: Current Transformer Connection Requirements
- Voltage, Stability and Islanding Control in Microgrids
- Protection Complexities in the Electrical Rail Network
- IEC 61850 Demonstration for Interoperability and GOOSE Messaging
DISCOUNTS – We are offering a 10% off early bird discount until September 8th 2021 (SAVE $179.50 per person) plus a 3 for 2 offer – register 3 delegates and only pay for 2 (SAVE up to $2154). Discounts are applied at online check-out.
For further information on this event or to discuss sponsorship opportunities contact:
The Leading Forum for Developing and Learning Protection Testing Techniques
The Australasian Protection Testers User Group (APTUG) Meeting is a forum for sharing experiences, developing new protection testing techniques and learning from the experiences of others in the industry.
The APTUG Meeting provides you the opportunity to:
- Increase your knowledge on protection relays and testing techniques
- Take advantage of peer-to-peer collaboration
- Present or perform practical demonstrations on new or interesting test applications
- Learn from technical training in testing techniques and test plan creation
- Share best practice techniques and applications for protection system technologies
- Discuss recent and future enhancements to Doble hardware and software
- Provide feedback to Doble for correction of problems and future developments
Following its ongoing success, High Voltage Testing Forum continues in 2021
This year APTUG and Doble will again facilitate a High Voltage Testing training and seminar stream that will run parallel with the Protection Stream. This new format first introduced in 2018 will provide specific training anddiscussion around testing primary plant, interpreting results and sharing industry experiences.
The sessions will be arranged in such a manner that the attendee can move between the Protection and High Voltage Testing streams based on the topics of most interest and relevance.
- Protection Relays and Test Methods
- Application of protection software in the field
- Solve complex testing issues
- New test application demonstrations
- User share of industry practices and experiencs
- Relay vendor interaction
- Doble protection testing product road map and upcoming technologies
High Voltage Testing Stream
- Primary Equipment Test methods
- Interpretation of results including PD and Tan Delta
- Primary equipment health assessment methods
- User share and benchmarking with other industry leaders
- 1 day Topics on Demand – let us know when you register and we will if possible target those HV asset specific topics on Day 4
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS: The success of the meeting depends on having a diverse range of presentations and topics. We are looking for presentations from both new and experienced presenters. Email email@example.com to submit your presentation abstract. Presentations can be as short as 5 minutes and up to 40 minutes.
Join us on Tuesday evening for the annual Conference Dinner hosted by Doble. Relax with your fellow delegates and exhibitors while enjoying dinner. Make new contacts while you network with leading power industry technicians.
Energy Networks 2021 is the sector’s pre-eminent energy conference and exhibition.
The energy conference and exhibition is run every two years, bringing together the best in our industry to share expertise on how we navigate the energy transformation.
The program for 2021 is being refreshed and will be available shortly.
Early bird registration will close 17 August 2021. Click here to secure the discounted rate.
This event is a chance for our members, key stakeholders and industry partners to discuss the transformation of our 20th century grid so it can deliver energy and provide services and value the way consumers of the 21st century demand.
Hosted by Energy Networks Australia, the event is designed to connect people from across the industry, providing opportunities to strengthen existing relationships and create new ones.
This is the only conference and exhibition on the energy network event calendar run by the industry, for the industry.
This event provides unparalleled opportunities to create strong and enduring business relationships, do deals, collaborate, share ideas, be inspired and learn from one another.
If you have a product or service and want to get exposure of your brand to senior players in the energy industry, sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are available but selling fast. Contact Vanessa Caldwell on 0420 216 133 or EN2021@energynetworks.com.au to secure your brand presence.
We look forward to talking to you about how you can be involved and become an integral part of the conversation.